What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plant pot regia

What is:
The temperature
The lights youre using
what kind of water are you using
What do you have in the soil
how long have you had them

Also, you should not be growing those plants all together in one pot, they all require separate soils and growing conditions.

idk temp, im using t5 light,distilled water, moss/sand/peat soil, i just got them like 4 days ago /cheer

You should not be growing those plants all together in one pot, they all require separate soils and growing conditions.

Let's not be too harsh on the new and younger members (9 years old) of Terraforums. It might be helpful if you explain the different soil mixes for the various species.

Personally at the moment I would consider repotting the Pinguicula (unless it is a temperate). Otherwise everything should do fine for the time being. The Drosera regia should eventually be repotted individually as the lights will have to be raised to accommodate the height of the plant and the other plants will not get sufficient light.

You also mentioned having U. humboldtii in that container, but I don't see any.

In any case, your Sarracenia, Darlingtonia, and Dionaea are temperate plants and will need dormancy, so it's best to move them to separate containers.

Last edited:
You got a good start, and some really desirable plants in there too, but as others have said, you are going to need to separate them out at least eventually if not immediately.

The Pinguicula might not like the LFS based substrate you have, the Dioneae, Sarracenia and Darlingtonia are going to need winter dormantcies.

The D. regia has a really good start, I hope it grows well for you but I can never seem to keep them alive for too long.

idk... the new leasf is turning black.... look at the photo

It is, but as long as it gets enough light and remains in a relatively stable new environment, the newer leaves should remain growth. It might just be that that particular leaf wont grow fully because of the stress of shipping/transplanting. I'm guessing you just got these plants not very long ago.

Back