What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your display setups

Jcal

Decumbent Fanatic
I was hoping we could share some pics of your display setup of pots containing multiple plants.

This is one of my setups. It has some Pygmy dews, hamiltonii, cephalotus and some random utrics that took over! It has seen better days, is in winter mode, and has lacked some attenction but I still like it.

What do you have going on?

I'll hopefully have something to contribute to this post next year around this time. I've got Australian and South African community pots in the works, small plastic half barrel type planters.

If all goes as planned......

Aussie Pot:

C.follicularis
D.aberrans
D.hamiltonii
D.menziesii
D.patens
D.peltata
U.aff. dichotoma "Tuber Forming"
U.menziesii

Non CP's:
Lechanaultia floribunda
Thysanotus multiflorus
Thysanotus pyramidalis

ZA Pot:
D.cistiflora
D.cunefolia
D.hilaris
D.pauciflora
D.slackii
D.trinervia

Non CP's:
Babiana stricta
Ferraria crispa
Geissorhiza radians
Hesperantha coccinea
Ixia paniculata
Moraea iriodes
Tritonia rosea

It's not quite the same thing but the closest thing I have is my germination chamber.

Is is my display there not all in the same pot per say

I'll hopefully have something to contribute to this post next year around this time. I've got Australian and South African community pots in the works, small plastic half barrel type planters.

If all goes as planned......

Aussie Pot:

C.follicularis
D.aberrans
D.hamiltonii
D.menziesii
D.patens
D.peltata
U.aff. dichotoma "Tuber Forming"
U.menziesii

Non CP's:
Lechanaultia floribunda
Thysanotus multiflorus
Thysanotus pyramidalis

ZA Pot:
D.cistiflora
D.cunefolia
D.hilaris
D.pauciflora
D.slackii
D.trinervia

Non CP's:
Babiana stricta
Ferraria crispa
Geissorhiza radians
Hesperantha coccinea
Ixia paniculata
Moraea iriodes
Tritonia rosea

It will be awesome to see those displays! Can't wait to see how they turn out.

It's not quite the same thing but the closest thing I have is my germination chamber.

How does that tank work? Just toss in the seeds you have? Sweet idea if that how you have it setup.

This is another ceph, hamiltonii pot. Much bigger and has spent the entire spring and summer outside. Brought in only to protect it from the winter. ( again, looks much better in the growing season)

Once my concrete planter I am going to setup something similar. Not moving that one. I'll try to prevent them from dying but if they die, they die.... I'm committing to that one.

Last edited:
How does that tank work? Just toss in the seeds you have? Sweet idea if that how you have it setup.

Pretty much. I just have a bed of peat and sphagnum moss and I have scattered Nepenthes and Drosera seeds in there. I also had some Cephalotus divisions that rooted up and grew in there. It's obviously not the most efficient or elaborate setup but for the (often-times) traveling and moving young person, it is nice and easy to just have a small terrarium to transport. Also with just a single florescent bulb and sealed top, it's pretty easy to keep the humidity and temperature where little Nepenthes like it.

Back