What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

venus fly trap 'pompom' and venus fly trap pacman

Well, all of those plants are created by TC gone wrong, so, I doubt any of them will be very good growers and, probably, more susceptible to dying. It's completely up to you as to which one you'd like to get, however.

I said no such thing. Do not put words in my mouth. I simply quoted the statement on the ICPS page about this alleged "cultivar" in which it was stated:

"Also known as “Hedgehog” and “Scrub Brush” Marcus.Rossberg@phil-fak.uni-duesseldorf.de states on 13 Mar 2003: FWIW, I know of three people who had "Pom Pom" VFTs. The plants emerged independently from each other. All were TC accidents. All plants went back to normal growth after some time, a year or so." (from: http://users.humboldt.edu/rziemer/zphotos/VFTPomPom.html)

It is almost certain that what was observed was a few individuals with aberrant traps forming as a result of cytokinin overload or some other auxin disturbance that simply took some time for the plant to outgrow. It is very unlikely that the changes were genetic or permanent.

RE Bob's update: I stand corrected :)

Last edited:
Yup, what Paul said. I remember reading about that venus flytrap awhile ago, basically is a temporary "characteristic."

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks for the insight Bob,

The second link is restricted access only?

I fixed the photofinder link.

Back