What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baxi Water Heater / Heating Unit Died...

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
The house is in the 40's by now, and our landlord put us up in a hotel, until a pump switch can be over-nighted and installed. I think my terrarium setup, with Petiolaris Complex plants are going to be goners. Also, our mailbox, since we moved, is no longer in a protected vestibule. It's outside, in a cluster of other, 'out in the sticks', mailboxes. I don't dare do any further trading (receiving) until the spring.

Bummer, if the heating on your tropical tank keeps the temperatures in the mid-high 60s it should be ok. I had some petiolaris plants shipped to me and stayed outdoors overnight when the temperatures dipped into the mid-low 40s and survived.

Sorry to see this happen, Jim!

A couple of months ago, my hot water heater did not die per se, but rotted out at the bottom. So hot water all over the garage, thanks a bunch! I asked a contractor working nearby for a bid, $1,200 and change labor alone! Called a friend, got a number to a plumber, and he did it for $450 and provided parts. I got the heater. Always ask more than one person...

Course your deal is different. Sorry for the losses.

That really sucks! Stories like this make me glad to have a wood stove.

Not great Jim. However old Baxis are pretty simple machines so I would have thought that it shouldn't be expensive or difficult to get spares. We have a really reliable self employed plumber/heating engineer who bolts new bits on ours from time to time.

Hope the plants are ok.
Cheers
Steve

Back