What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pappydew

I hate bugs. Carnivorous plants get me.
Jpappy's porch growing photo thread

Got a bunch of new plants in today and ready to start my outdoor collection. All US natives and hybrids at the moment. Apologies if Sarracenia names are a bit incorrect, my taxonomic knowledge of the genus is a bit rough so this is how they were labeled from the sellers...might have to ask for some better IDs once they start back up again.

S. alata "dark maroon" (?) - a freebie, so unsure if that's an accepted cultivar because I can't find anything
S. rubra subsp. gulfensis
S. rubra subsp. wherryi
S. psittacina (labeled as "typical")
S. minor (labeled as "typical")
S. flava (labeled as "veined, subadult")
S. leucophylla "Gulf" (?)- unsure if that's supposed to be location or a cultivar I am unaware of
S. x formosa
S. x wrigleyana
S. x gilpini
S. x mooreana - it's also listed as leucophylla x flava by the seller, so is S. x moorei more correct?
S. x gilpini

D. intermedia
D. capillaris
D. filiformis ("filiformis")
D. filiformis 'Florida red'
D. tracyi

P. primuliflora
P. caerulea
P. planifolia
P. lutea

Last edited:
Wow - that is a large number of species. 'Looking forward to seeing how they develop. :)

I think the cold nights are really getting to them. Hopefully they bounce back once we get out of this weird February funk. Last night was a hard freeze and had to bring them inside, and supposed to be a few more nights next week that dip below freezing as well.

Things starting up slowly as spring starts back up again here... I killed most of the Pings because I forgot to flush the terracotta pot they were in :headwall:

S. x wrigleyana is the first to put up a pitcher

D. filiformis and tracyi

The Pings that don't hate me enough to die completely

Back