What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Step by step transplanting guide..

I know everyone has their own way of potting plants...

I searched the forum on how to repot, transplant, replant CP's I came up with 1 and the caresheet link didn't work..

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/s...new-trappers?highlight=potting+venus+fly+trap

I don't now if it is asking too much.. but I would love to see a step by step.. maybe even with pics on how to transplant my plants properly...

Now I got the long fiber moss... sphagnum moss peat, perlite but don't know what the ratio that should be acquired?

I don't think the long fiber moss should be mixed in? Does it only go on top and bottom of the plant?

I am sorry... but I don't want to transplant them and them find out, I didn't do it right.. I have to redo it again...

Any help would be appreciated... Thanks

Yeah.. after I posted this I found them in there specific groups...sorry..I used search and didn't come up with anything.. sorry for wasting your time

Seems you found what you were looking for. But keep in mind that the info you are asking for will be different based on what type of plant you are growing. There is no single CP potting mix. The peat:perlite mix is often referred to as such because it does work for many of the common and recommended beginner plants.

Transplanting can also be different based on the plant. As a sort of general guideline you want to be careful not to damage the roots. However some plants like pygmy Drosera it is recommended not to transplant, the roots are delicate and if damaged can kill the plants. Be sure to research your specific plants needs.

Back