What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pepper Thread

Vbkid

Getting There...
Anyone else growing peppers this year? Got mine started a few weeks ago, going outside in early May if I can keep em alive. Pretty much only sueprhots for me, with a few interesting milder ones. I'll update with picture once they get their true leaves going!

I planted a bunch, including some seeds from a fellow on FB, Tony Sherwood I think. No germination yet. Couple of names I don't recognize or prefaced by Carbon ie Carbon Bhut. Couple of interesting sounding hybrids.

I just moved my 3 year old Ghost pepper back outside yesterday.
This week I Plan on getting a heat mat started for some Carolina Reapers.

I've got some ghosts, chocolate ghosts, Trinidad scorpions, and Trinidad 7-pot peppers going this year. Also a couple of heirloom tomatoes

Come to think of it, I should start the Peruvian purples as well

I'll probably be starting out my scorpion peppers again, possibly get a replacement of the Moruga that I have that doesn't do anything....
Those are really the only peppers I really grow, as peppers are more novelty than food to me.

This year I'm growing/trying:

Cheyenne
'Anaheim'
Leutschauer Paprika
'Lunchbox'
'Lipstick'
Sweet Banana
Thai hot (to attempt to Bonsai)

Cayenne n red bhut.

This year we're growing:
- orange bell
- fehérözön
- cayenne
- jalapeno
- habanero

Jalapeño
Habanero
And any purple variety I can find!

I had some ghost seeds but when I opened the pepper they looked moldy. I hope the big box stores carry them as well.

I bought some chocolate habanero seeds and they have started to germinate.
Hope I can keep them alive though.

Back