What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Okefenokee Swamp Kayak Trip 2015

• Thread starter elgecko
  • Start date

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Full screen it, HD it, turn up the volume and enjoy.....

My solo kayak trip into the Okefenokee Swamp GA. & Silver River FL. 3/26/15 - 4/3/15

3/26 - Walk Chesser Island Boardwalk.
3/27 - Day paddle Suwannee Canal Recreation Area.
3/28-29 - Over night stay. Kingfisher Landing to Bluff Lake.
3/30-4/1 - 2 night stay. Floyds Island & Mixons Hammock.
4/1 - Day paddle Silver River FL.
4/2 - Day Paddle Crystal River FL.
4/3 - Walk Chesser Island Boardwalk

Sorry for the length of 15 minutes. Wanted to keep it shorter, but just had too many good shots I wanted to include.

Hope you enjoyed watching it.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kCbh0BQG2Rw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some great shots there ! I love the gator resting among the Utricularia. The Crystal River is always a good time, awesome underwater shots, especially the bowfin and Anhinga. Looks like a great trip.

Funny those monkeys are still there after all these years. Their ancestors were escapees from a Tarzan movie from the 50's I believe.

Last edited:
Thanks.

I actually do not have any shots from Crystal River.
I wanted to get some good shot of Manatees in the springs at Crystal River. I knew chances where almost non-existent there would be any in the springs, there wasn't.
Saw 3 in Kings Bay. Water visibility there is only around 2'. The Manatees where very active and the closest I got was about 4'.

Back