What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Venus Fly Trap Theft

SubRosa

BS Bulldozer
I was wondering if any of our PNW members are involved in the setting up of a planter of cps at a local college? I just read a thread on another forum in which a person started a thread about a poor helpless VFT they "liberated" from an on campus planter recently put in with apparently some Sarrs and the aforementioned VFT. It seems the "liberator" was just certain that putting a VFT outside in the PNW was a death sentence, even though the thread also asked for instructions on how to best care for the "liberated" plant. Putting extra plants into a planter in a public space, and caring for them for all to enjoy sounds like something a few people around here could be guilty of, so if this situation rings a bell feel free to pm me for more information.

Incredible.... they have no idea how to care for it, but are sure it couldn't be fine where it was put. Honestly, it sounds to me like just just wanted a VFT for themselves.

Oh gosh, this is why we keep our carnivorous plants inside the greenhouse and locked when we're not around. Poor flytrap :(

Putting extra plants into a planter in a public space, and caring for them for all to enjoy sounds like something a few people around here could be guilty of

You mean it is a crime? Maybe they should have gotten permission from the college then.

I believe that he's asking if anyone of us here placed the mini bog WITH the blessings of the campus staff. We are the sort of folks that would do that.

Apparently my sarcasm is lost on some! If I did something like this and the plants were stolen I would have difficulty expressing the level of gratitude I would feel towards a random stranger who went out of their way to help nail the culprit. Seemed the least I can do to mention this here.

I once stole a flytrap from my college campus, but in my defense it was barely alive inside of a dessicated terrarium indoors in Anchorage, AK. Not exactly premium habitat. Also I had an instructor's permission. My story is not as cool.

Haha I can understand stealing a CP in terrible condition as a rescue adventure

Lol even VFTs get stolen nowadays?! Hmm would make sense. Not a CP but i did have an old woman neighbor who intentionally steals some of my broms without repotting it, hence my pots are unique so i know. May she rest in peace :p

Back