What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seller Woes

collin

Supporter
I placed an order over a month ago with Carnivoria and still haven't received it. Living in the US, I know that I should be expecting longer shipment times as Carnivoria is a Czech company. Does anyone have any experience ordering from them? I'm on the fence as to whether I should continue waiting patiently for my package or begin disputing the order with paypal. I have already reached out to the seller and he has been exceedingly difficult to deal with.

Sorry to hear that. I had planned last year to place an order with a different vendor in the same area. For some reason, their website was never updated and when I decided to order the prices had gone WAY up, and
minimum amounts applied. Also that website said (still does) $1 = E1, and that no longer applied as well. They were unwilling to issue a ps cert., and on. If you do plan to do a PP dispute, check how long you have to do so. Don't want the time to run out.

Time limit is 45 days.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/buyer-complaint-outside

If you are unable to resolve a dispute with a seller, you may file a claim that a PayPal investigating agent will review. Before you file a claim:
  • Check the Help Center. You often can get quick answers to your questions. In fact, you may find filing a claim is not necessary
  • Make sure PayPal was used to pay for the item(s) in dispute
  • Check the date! All claims must be filed within 45 days of the transaction or the claim will be denied
  • Be ready to provide agents as much relevant information as possible. Buyers who don't respond when asked will have their claims cancelled. Sellers who don't respond will default the claim, which automatically refunds the buyer
  • If it's an eBay purchase, review the listing. The information found there will be used to evaluate the claim

For more information, review the User Agreement.

I've ordered from Carnivoria without problems before ( I live in EU thou) but I've read very mix reviews and experiences.

Fill the paypal claim and continue reaching to the seller

I ordered from them in April and received the plants 9 days after I was told they had been shipped. David does sometimes take a long time to respond to emails though.

Thanks to everyone for their recommendations (especially about the PayPal time limit for claims). I filed a dispute without response from David and have escalated it to a claim.

Buyer beware! Fortunately I have PayPal on my side...

Back