What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird is the Word

Thank you guys for the tips! I really appreciate the great info & I'm sure this little feller will too. . . because now he has a home here with me after the reassurance.
I was talking with a neighbor, who I know has birds, & ended up walking out with a free large cage & homemade jungle gym. Lol its pretty neat looking but I'm sure it will eventually get torn up. I cleaned everything up & he seems to enjoy the space. I also went ahead & gave its wings a trim. It was surprisingly calm. How do you think I did?
DSCN0171 by blu-bear, on Flickr
DSCN0172 by blu-bear, on Flickr
DSCN0173 by blu-bear, on FlickrDSCN0177 by blu-bear, on Flickr
DSCN0181 by blu-bear, on Flickr
DSCN0175 by blu-bear, on Flickr
Other birds lol
DSCN0185 by blu-bear, on Flickr

Last edited:
So cute! You're doing a great job.
Love myself some chickens. :) Used to have a bantam hen that would perch on my shoulder like a parrot.

He looks very content. Nice chickens too!

Thanks! Those chickens give me breakfast on most days & are extremely tame. They follow me around the yard bug me anytime I'm outside. They're also great at eating any weeds that are germinating & eradicating ticks around the yard (very common around here).

Well here are a few pics of the baby blue quaker I just added to the family =) I believe she is 6 weeks old but may have heard wrong. The breeder does dna sexing but pelvic sexed for this 1 & said hes 90% sure its female. It needs formula 3x per day at this point & is still not quite on anything solid.

Here she is just after messy supper:
DSCN0209 by blu-bear, on Flickr
DSCN0214 by blu-bear, on Flickr
DSCN0216 by blu-bear, on Flickr

I can't seem to decide on a name.

Last edited:
It's adorable!!! :laaa:

How about calling her Fay Wray?

Spanish word for blue is Azul, so how about editing that and naming her Zule/Zool/Azu? :-)) *insert Ghost busters joke here*

Back