What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just wanted to share

This is a culture slant of p. Stipticus
1a9c3d4ace336583b495d267c6d0bed0.jpg

I made up 10 of these a few days ago, 9/10 are showing nice growth :)

Thats a very interesting species. congratulations on your early success. I'm curious to see how this develops =)

I've been growing these for awhile now these are clones from fruits.

45825d353b899037ec8ad818580aeaab.jpg

I plan to trade these cultures to expand my plant collection.

How do you get these to fruit/ germinate??
Whats the setup/wood you use??

I have been trying to grow these for about 3 years now but no real success.
Anything helps

Oak, like how a mushroom is grown.. Being as I've grown cubes these are a walk in the park.

They take constant conditions, say 95% humidity, and 22℃ giving it fresh air once every couple of hours for a stretch of 3 months and you start to see fruits, after the next 3 months they fully form. The easier way to get them to fruit is to throw them outside tho. They do grow themselves outside for the most part if you have it set up right. Basically the same as other mushroom patches outside are made except you burry the logs into the patch and water it every couple of days aha there's a few ways :) cheers mate

Thanks man. One last question though, what are you using to innoculate?
Plugs, cakes, or something different? Im also immagining it has to be real fresh wood if using
Plugs..

It was a piece that had fallen off the oak tree, I used plugs at first :) not a problem ask anything you want sorry about my first reply I had just woken up aha

Back