What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darlingtonia/P. macroceras Sites

Hi All!

In late September I'm flying into Eugene, OR for a family vacation that will include a trip down to see the Red Woods. I'd love to see some Darlingtonia and Pinguicula macroceras sites while I'm out there, but it's been quite a while so I'm not sure where the best places to go are. We're still figuring out the day-to-day, but besides the Eugene area, I do know that we'll be going to Crater Lake and Red Wood State and National Parks. My guess is that we'll be traveling down 199 at least once.

In any case, I was hoping some of you would be willing to share some nice spots for seeing Darlingtonia and/or P. macroceras. We do plan on hiking, so locations we have to hike to are good with us. I am going to try to stop by the well-known Darlingtonia Wayside and the Smith River Trail, but I'm hoping to see a few more spots during that road trip around that area.

Thanks for the help and please feel free to PM me rather than share publicly,

-Natch

The go to guy for Darlingtonia is Harry Tryon. He lives in Gasquet CA and his property overlooks some prime Darlingtonia sites.

One of the best areas to find P. macroceros is the Covered Bridge site. I believe that is near Hiouchi, CA.

http://users.humboldt.edu/rziemer/Gasquet/gasquet.html

Back