What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will come now? Plantwise that is.

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
In May of 2007 I had major cervical spine surgery. During my recovery my having a few sundews among the orchids to control fungus gnats developed into a full fledged interest in CPs. As a get well gift my family put in a half whiskey barrel bog where I could sit on the front porch and watch all the activity around it.

Flashing forward to this month. Due to complications I'm having a much rougher recovery so far. Leading me to wonder. What new, if any, interest will spring forward during this recovery.

Get better soon! Sending positive thoughts your way!

Flashing forward to this month. Due to complications I'm having a much rougher recovery so far. Leading me to wonder. What new, if any, interest will spring forward during this recovery.

Starting your own vineyard?

I like the vineyard idea! A few ideas: bonsai, air plants, companion bog plants, Proto-carnivorous plants like Stylidium.

Figs? Or how about Calceolaria? Those are coooool.

Good luck recovering.

Bog orchids is my suggestion :)

vineyard

Starting your own vineyard?

I have wanted my own vineyard for years but the only place sunny enough for one is in the front yard and my other half has always nixed that idea,

How about acquiring full scotch barrels ( other spirits are available ) and eventually converting them to mini bogs?

I might have enough seed to get you started Judy.......

How about acquiring full scotch barrels ( other spirits are available ) and eventually converting them to mini bogs?

I like the way you think fredg!!

Many good vibes your way do you have any indoor CP's? I don't mind sending some.

Sent by Jedi mind trick

Many good vibes your way do you have any indoor CP's? I don't mind sending some.

Sent by Jedi mind trick
I have a microbog, a few sundews, about six pings and probably 20 neps

Planted aquariums would be easy on a healing back, just use a python or pond pomp for easy water changes. And for laughs, grow some Peter Peppers!

Leaning in two directions now

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and the ideas. I have decided on two projects, totally different directions.
The first was actually inspired by a convo in the chat room the other day. I already have one indoor microbog just kind of thrown together with a uteric and some volunteer sundews. I will be making a few planned ones wiht landscaping and deliberately chosen plantings.

The second is yet to be decided. I would love to start a collection of a new to me genera of plants that meet the following criteria: stay SMALL, tolerate low humidity, tolerate medium light, have some that aren't very expensive to start with, aren't airplants. I have a ten gallon aquarium with lighted hood to use for them. The room stays 70-75 degrees year round.

Hmm, how about some of the SA Genlisea? G. flexuosa and G. repens come to mind.
Bigger-leaved utrics might also be nice. U. calycifida in particular tolerates poor light very well and forms some lush foliage.

Back