What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Step Through the Looking Glass

DragonsEye

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite!
Or more to the point -- the magnifying glass. Love the macro shots that Mach and others post, but, alas!, I lack the equipment and the means of obtaining such. :-( So here are some of my various and asundry attempts shooting through a handheld magnifying glass...

one of my best attempts, I think

M. nejapensis flower

the little yellow nodes/bodies specific to D. hartmeyerorum (to the best of my knowledge, no one has figured out just what purpose they may serve)

the gooey bits of madagascarensis

I have a few more I'll try to post later.

that is extremely cool

I love the shot of that M. nejapensis, it almost looks like its glowing!

An interesting take on photography....
They have formed a supported theory on the hartmeyerorum glands actually: they're light reflectors, and may act like lights down a runway to guide flying insects.

An interesting take on photography....
They have formed a supported theory on the hartmeyerorum glands actually: they're light reflectors, and may act like lights down a runway to guide flying insects.

Thanks, Carlton -- both for the photography comment and the theory info. :) Happen to have any links to the gland theory? Would enjoy reading such.

Some additional pics:

The only utric that has done well for me thus far

D. binata

Flower of a NoID Aloe hybrid

An additional one for the moment ....

One of my favorite micro mini orchids -- flowers are huge for the size of the plant
Psyg. pusilla

I now find myself in need of a handheld magnifying glass. . .

Last edited:
Always rather surprised by the amount of secretions produced.

Last edited:
Back