What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter Boredom.

I know there's not snow on the ground, however I'm starting to feel the dormancy boredom already taking its toll on me. How on earth do people manage not to be bored when their plants are in their dormancy state?!

By growing plants that do not go dormant.

I like to set a lot of my groundwork for the following year during the dormant season. Making soil, repotting, retagging, laying weed fabric, updating my growlist, and most importantly buying new plants! Now that I type it, I imagine it actually sounds really boring to you folks, but hey. Keeps the stir crazy at bay!

And the winter-growing or tropical stuff is a definite must as well. Need planty playthings in winter or I go mad.

I wish I had more space for nepenthes. My dad has like two growing racks fills with orchids that dont have any flowers on them.

I wish I had more space for nepenthes. My dad has like two growing racks fills with orchids that dont have any flowers on them.

With many growers there are pots full of Dionaea that never have flowers on them. There's plenty to do in the 'off' season, mainly it's preparing for spring.

With many growers there are pots full of Dionaea that never have flowers on them. There's plenty to do in the 'off' season, mainly it's preparing for spring.

Winter is a good time to do the prep work on that whiskey barrel bog you mentioned in chibae's thread.

Winter is a good time to do the prep work on that whiskey barrel bog you mentioned in chibae's thread.

That's a year round activity

Back