What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New forum feature: User Tagging

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
I went ahead and purchased the full version since the lite version doesn't have all the options for users to opt out of emails and such, the paid version does... so if you don't like getting notifications... They can be modified in your settings, this should take you there: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=profile&action=options

This also supports hashtags so you can subscribe to a hashtag... not sure about that one, so we'll have it on for now and decide later... it's an extra feature of the paid version so we might as well give it a shot.

Enjoy!
Andrew

Those who wanted it get tagged first! :p [MENTION=11401]katya_dog1[/MENTION] [MENTION=8730]DragonsEye[/MENTION] [MENTION=7878]chibae[/MENTION] [MENTION=8542]ErrorEN[/MENTION] [MENTION=11194]NemJones[/MENTION] [MENTION=8447]David F[/MENTION] [MENTION=8071]theplantman[/MENTION] [MENTION=8512]Whimgrinder[/MENTION] [MENTION=5343]Not a Number[/MENTION]

EDIT!
OH! and [MENTION=12009]apoplast[/MENTION] who asked for/about this back in December :)

#feature

Thanks for going with the full version. Hope it didn't set you back too much :D

Saw the tag through email. Feels sleek N smooth.

I like it already ;)

Also! You can use the code
to automatically tag the original poster of a topic, and yes you MUST use the colon for it to work.
Andrew

Is the colon also needed when tagging another person in general?

No its not.

Wow, ask and you receive! Thanks so much [MENTION=5846]adnedarn[/MENTION]!!! This is sure to help disorganized people like me.

This feature seems to be causing double email notifications for subscribed threads. The second email shows that the post has been updated, with the change being a space before the tagged username. I'm not sure if there's anything you can do to prevent this, but I'd appreciate you looking into it.

Thanks so much [MENTION=5846]adnedarn[/MENTION] ! TF is becoming so #dialed

[MENTION=10989]nimbulan[/MENTION] what thread are you subscribed to that it happened on?

You know now that I look at it again, it looks like it may be people editing their posts to add user tags. I will definitely keep an eye on the emails though as I've been getting them frequently lately.

I'm not sure if this is related but I've been seeing the forum automatically do this recently, and has happened to me a couple times. I always get double-emailed about it. When it happens to me, it takes a long time to submit the post, then pops up a message "are you sure you want to leave the page?" like I'd typed something then tried to close the browser tab. I hit yes, because I know the post went through despite the message.

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/general-discussions/131797-tf-rendezvous-portland-56.html#post1199259

In case he edits the post, here's a screenshot:
fuYmGm6.png

Last edited:
Back