Informational! Informational!:  5
Likes Likes:  6
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good but Cheap Humidifier?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is ways to setup the ultrasonic foggers with a humidistat. A fully automated setup can run you a bit of money but it's too each his own you know. That's what I am working on currently even though I've only got a few cephs and dews in an old reptile enclosure. If your enclosure is sealed well the water will be circulated around and back into your res. Key to keeping your res from creating stuff in it is to circulate it. I have seen people use air stones to combat that. Est I don't think it's as bad to the ultrasonic Ceramic disks compared to a water pump that needs that pressure or it will burn out. But it won't hurt just to keep it filled at all times either lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 Head Ultrasonic Mist Maker and Float Teflon Discs Nutramist Fogger Humidifier | eBay

In reference, some of the ones I'm looking at have a bar on the top of them that will shut off when water reaches a specific level below it. They also have an assortment of sizes so if you have a larger grow etc. so far I'm happy I got one. Humidity around 70-80 right where I like it seems good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
    Just so you know, humidifiers won't create dense clouds of fog like a repti-fogger. They'll raise the humidity levels, for sure, but won't create a low hanging cloud.

*Edit*
    I actually spent some time looking around, and there are a lot more ultrasonic humidifiers now than I remember. They used to be almost all heat based, and I've gone through a few for my bedroom and never got clouds. I have no experience with some of the newer ultrasonic ones, but I'm still not sure it would make sense for them to create the same low hanging dense clouds, because that would primarily raise the humidity of a rooms floor, way before the upper parts of the room.
    Ok, so I did some research and decided that an ultrasonic humidifier could work, but it would need some DIY work. Using nothing but some weather/water resistant silicone sealant, a deli cup, and silicone tubing, I was able to create a beast of a cloud machine. Total price ~$55-60. I got a big humidifier for $45 because it had great reviews, looked good on a review video, fit my design idea well, and has a huge tank thats good for well over a single day.

Last edited by Doomsday; 02-12-2016 at 02:09 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123