What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New shoutbox!!

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hello and welcome to TerraForums shoutbox 2.0 lol. First off, make sure you check out all the neat customization available to you by clicking on the notice at the top of the shoutbox (currently says "Click here to change personal settings").

Let me know if you have any questions, but I will answer one... No, there isn't an option to have the posts/new topics show up on the side like the old one. It WILL pop up a notification within the shouts so you will see it when you're in the shoutbox... You'll get many other notifications here too, like when you get a forum PM! If you like to have a spot to go and see forum activity without searching around like the olden days... go up to "New Posts" in the top left corner of the forum and click "What's new?" OR "New Posts" check both of them out and see which you like better.

Enjoy!
Andrew

OH! You can just click the notifications tab in the shoutbox and it will show you all the forum activity! =)

If you're interested in received alerts from TF (through chatbox) even when the window isn't open and the chatbox isn't "active". This update just came out with Firefox so I have not had a chance to check it out yet.. but I'm going to! Check out the options setting that I mentioned in the first post here to activate and configure it to be what you'd like.
Andrew

Web Push notifications in Firefox | Firefox Help

Anybody using the chatbox on an iPad with or without success? (Chats vanish upon hitting done) If you're having issues or it's working fine, please share your browser and whatever other data... Thanks!

Back