What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Isle Ate Her's Pics n Stuff

Its time for a picture thread i guess. Mostly pics, but maybe stuff later on? Whatever stuff is.

I divided and potted some things over the weekend, mostly because I wanted to fill the trays I got, hah. I think I need to move the shelf down a couple inches.

RnLR13D.jpg

AtzQMvL.jpg

Wet tray

xgceRkP.jpg

dry tray

This next set is some P. moctezumae doing some weird growth thing. The flower stalk is fused to a leaf at the base. I ended up cutting it after bloom because I was worried about it imposing on new growth.

RMrsrlL.jpg

QaSscdF.jpg

Your collection looks great! Which D. binata form do you have in the back there?

I can't belive the red in that S. purpurea. What lights are you using?

Your collection looks great! Which D. binata form do you have in the back there?

Thanks! I am not sure on the D. binata form, I got them from [MENTION=7733]Ngantnier[/MENTION]. Perhaps he can shed some light.

I can't belive the red in that S. purpurea. What lights are you using?

Just some standard T8s from Home Depot with their cheapest 4' fixture. Ill get more details on the bulbs when I get home. I decided to go the T8 route because LED tubes are becoming cheaper with better light quality. I eventually plan to switch to those when my second set of fluorescent poop out.

I received the S. purpurea and D. muscipula as seedlings. They havent been through a dormancy yet. I plan on putting them outside this year in my 'bog' and doing dormancy next season.

I've seen fused flowers and stuff like that before, but this version is new...and rather interesting.

Here are some pics from the Chicago Botanic Gardens/the orchid show they had on Sunday

Rc7dR62.jpg

Dendrobium Jenkinsii I acquired from the sale

R29h9iq.jpg

W1fbzGQ.jpg

Corpse flower that bloomed a few months back

cI98Snc.jpg

N. rafflesiana hybrid?

AMqKS4T.jpg

N. x ventrata in spike

wuIFwWG.jpg

qmRDM3m.jpg

Last edited:
The plant you labeled as rafflesiana is either x mixta or 'Miranda'

A nice looking collection, indeed!

I'm unsure of the form. I got the seeds from the ICPS seed bank and they were just labeled D.binata. I'm amazed at how well they are doing for you, great job! I think I sent you a D.capensis,D.spathulata,D.binata, VFT seedlings, a sarr or 2, U.praelonga and a Nep cutting? Are the VFTs and Sarrs pictured the one's you got from me? Either way they look amazing, so richly colored. I'm unsure if they are pure purpurea though, they grew from mixed open pollinated seeds from Dean Cook. So they could be a complex hybrid heavy on the purpurea.

I like your trays nice clean and clear. Very neat and organized!

I'm unsure of the form. I got the seeds from the ICPS seed bank and they were just labeled D.binata. I'm amazed at how well they are doing for you, great job! I think I sent you a D.capensis,D.spathulata,D.binata, VFT seedlings, a sarr or 2, U.praelonga and a Nep cutting? Are the VFTs and Sarrs pictured the one's you got from me? Either way they look amazing, so richly colored. I'm unsure if they are pure purpurea though, they grew from mixed open pollinated seeds from Dean Cook. So they could be a complex hybrid heavy on the purpurea.

Yes, the sarracenia and vtfs are the ones you sent. D. binata and D. spathulata as you can see are doing well, I divided the spathulata a week or two before this. D. capensis I probably gave away, I wish I would have labeled it, since I now recall this was a slim form, as opposed to my typical form. Nepenthes cutting didn't make it. It dried out upon transfer from rooting to planting. In retrospect I should have used a bag for humidity. It wasn't quite as hardy as my x ventrata, which I don't use a humidity bag for. One ping species didn't make it. The U. longifolia you sent is recovering nicely. I had it in too high light and it fried, but it likes it's new home now. You also sent some genlisea which is not doing much. I think it needs less light like U. longifolia

Last edited:
Back