What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions about wading pools as water trays

I like those, might pick some up myself.

Well I found a temporary solution. Turns out these 39L under-bed storage tubs are the perfect size for 10 gallon nursery pots.

4ygeRUZ.jpg

Just keep in mind that those types of storage containers degrade in sunlight in 18-24 months: they turn brittle and crack into pieces if you flex them. They are indeed temporary.

Just keep in mind that those types of storage containers degrade in sunlight in 18-24 months: they turn brittle and crack into pieces if you flex them. They are indeed temporary.

That doesn't surprise me at all. I probably have some some horticultural plastic laying around I could line it with to block the UV.

Yeah I just replaced three of those transparent storage containers this weekend, brittle as egg shells after about 18 months and that's with UK sun. I think the transparent plastic degrades quick, I did replace with exactly the same though:)

Last edited:
Pools started to show up this week to the garden section of my local walmart (bright pink or blue, 45 inches diameter, $8)

And just for the fun, below are the ornament cases I referred to in my previous port, used as a water tray.

8PCxgb7.jpg
cCZO60t.jpg

Hi Fred , dimensions are 400 x600mm by 180 deep , 32 litre under bed storage containers from Wilkos at £3.50 a go , I use them for sphagnum so Iike them transparent even if it does break down quick and they come with a lid, not the best quality but I dont mind replacing every year or so

OK corky, I'll not bother running around the cellar with my tape then.

Back