What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NASC 2016 Auction teasers

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
Well it is nearing that time again for the NASC Benefit Auction. It looks like the dates this year are April 2 through April 16.

Here are a couple items I probably will donate. Go ahead and post yours too :D

Sarracenia rosea - I won this in the 2007 (or was it 2008) auction and I have a division for this year
IMGP8143.jpg

Sarracenia 'Hummer's Okee Classic' - another of John Hummer's splendid hybrids
01300010copy.jpg

I don't have any photos at the moment but I have seen some interest in Utricularia bisquamata 'Betty's Bay', so for that reason I will be offering a single plug of this. This one has bigger flowers than the infamous typical of the species and produces no seed, without deliberate pollination, so it remains tamed and doesn't spread between pots.

Then there's my constant fave Drosera slackii several of which I have in 2" pots. I will add photos a bit later on so stay tuned.

I don't have any photos at the moment but I have seen some interest in Utricularia bisquamata 'Betty's Bay', so for that reason I will be offering a single plug of this. This one has bigger flowers than the infamous typical of the species and produces no seed, without deliberate pollination, so it remains tamed and doesn't spread between pots.

I know one of the plants I'm bidding on! ;)

[MENTION=11303]CarnivoreGirl[/MENTION] you may have a bit of competition for that ;)

I will probably donate some bisquamata "betty's bay" as well… I got it from bluemax so it's the exact same thing!

I will be donating some cephs and helis, need more Nep room....

Ooh, I am excited! (Also, if you need moderators for that forum again, count me in. Happy to help!)

I have to figure out what to offer.

I am wondering if there is any interest in Drosera murfetii? See: Drosera murfetii photos for photos of this species. I am grooming two healthy-looking little plantlets for sale as one lot, if so. I have not heard of this one being sold in the US before.

Last edited:
I am wondering if there is any interest in Drosera murfetii? See: Drosera murfetii photos for photos of this species. I am grooming two healthy-looking little plantlets for sale as one lot, if so. I have not heard of this one being sold in the US before.

I would say that there's quite a bit of interest... ;)

As far as what I'm going to offer, I'm sure I'll offer both a copy of Cultivating Carnivorous Plants and a copy of Darlingtonia. Photos below -

Cultivating_Carnivor_Cover_for_Kindle.jpg

Darlingtonia_Cover_for_Kindle.jpg

Not sure what else I'm going to be offering, yet.

As far as what I'm going to offer, I'm sure I'll offer both a copy of Cultivating Carnivorous Plants and a copy of Darlingtonia.

Very nice!

I might withdraw the Drosera slackii, unless someone objects, but instead add Drosera petiolaris and maybe D. oblanceolata. I've come to really like both of these species.

It's coming up soon!

Last edited:
That's ok, I have some Drosera slackii I can offer :-D

Back