What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Receiving an email because someone used the quote feature in a reply

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
I just received and email telling me that someone quoted me in TF. Turns out that all someone did was use the "reply with quote feature" in a thread. I never noticed this happening before but would like to suggest it be changed. This can become darn annoying and a waste of my email bandwidth.

You might want to check your for what you are alerted to. It should be in your profile settings. This never happens with me.

I have checked all my settings and do not see it as an option. I have email notifications of threads set to off. That is the only thread option I see. if someone can find it please point me to where it is.
Thank you

You might want to try contacting adnedarn. He's the site moderator and should know how to fix it.

I guess you missed the memo:

Forum Feature - User Tagging

To review options

Go to User Settings - User Tagging - Settings

From there you can set:

Mention Restriction
-Enable Mention Restriction - Check this box if you only want to be alerted of Mentions from users on your friends list.
Tag Restriction
-Enable Tag Restriction - Check this box if you only want to be alerted of Tags from users on your friends list.
Quote Restriction
-Enable Quote Restriction- Check this box if you only want to be alerted of Quotes from users on your friends list.
Mention Alerts
-Hide Mention Alerts - Check this box if you want to hide the Mention alerts.
Tag Alerts
-Hide Tag Alerts - Check this box if you want to hide the Tag alerts.
Quote Alerts
-Hide Quote Alerts - Check this box if you want to hide the Quote alerts.
Hash Alerts
-Hide Hash Alerts - Check this box if you want to hide the Hash alerts.
Mention Emails
-Disable Mention Emails - Check this box if you do not wish to receive an email whenever you are mentioned in a post.
Thread Tag Emails
-Disable Thread Tag Emails - Check this box if you do not wish to receive an email whenever you are tagged in a thread.
Quote Emails
-Disable Quote Emails - Check this box if you do not wish to receive an email whenever you are quoted in a post.
Hash Tag Subscription Emails
-Disable Hash Tag Subscription Emails - Check this box if you do not wish to receive an email whenever one of your subscribed hash tags are used.
Desktop Notifications
-Disable Desktop Notifications - Check this box if you do not wish to receive desktop notifications of new mentions / thread tags / post quotes.

Privacy Settings
Quotes: This setting controls who can see your profile tab. Setting this to "Nobody" means nobody can see your profile tab except yourself.​

I recommend everyone to review these as well as the Shoutbox settings.

Last edited:
Thank you, I did miss that. changes made

'Guess I missed that memo, too. Thanks for posting the instructions, Not a Number. The email notifications were starting to drive me nuts!

Back