What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vacation questions

• Thread starter Nauz
  • Start date
I'm going on a two week vacation and I wanna know what some people do to ensure your plants survive while people are away?

What kind of plants do you have?

You might want to put the light on a timer and leave the plants in extra deep water trays so that they don"t dry out. I don't grow cephs myself, but I know that FredG does and he leaves them soaked, so they should be fine.

You might want to put the light on a timer and leave the plants in extra deep water trays so that they don"t dry out. I don't grow cephs myself, but I know that FredG does and he leaves them soaked, so they should be fine.

Okay I'm using bins and usually keep 1/4 of the pot level with water. I'll increase this to about half or so then. And I currently use timers as well with the lights.

Last edited:
you may look into capillary mats. I'm sure theres a way to scale one down to your needs. It's reportedly so effective for watering cephs that the grower who suggested it uses it as his main method of watering.

Back