What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent experiences shipping to California?

I blame the governator

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/kTn3ld9ou9jXi" width="480" height="262" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a rel="nofollow" href="http://giphy.com/gifs/arnold-schwarzenegger-muscles-pecs-kTn3ld9ou9jXi">via GIPHY</a></p>

Hahah :-)) good one

Recently sent a plant into good hands in California. Plant was sent in the pot with soil. Used USPS 2day shipping service. No problems. From what the recipient told me it arrived in great condition with no evidence of tampering etc.

With no problems from the NASC auction we decided to try another test run this week, USPS says it was delivered but we have not heard from the addressee yet.

I have shipped both aquatics and plants to AZ, CA, and FL, never a problem. I suppose I am just getting lucky. But until something happens I will continue to ship to these states.

This is both sad and interesting.

What about plants going OUT of CA??

Last edited:
Inspection is done on the receiving end. So it depends on Federal and the each States regulations. Each state has their own plant protection species and pest lists. I believe I posted links above where you can find resources that lists each states regulations.

Back