What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hitchhiker

I received a sundew from an online seller about a month ago. I just noticed this hitchhiker in the corner of the pot!

Wx1Ut6c.jpg

LOL somebody messed up big time. Congrats on the free ceph!

That, my friend, is a cephalotus. You're quite lucky to have gotten one for free.

Well that's certainly something I've never seen before. Congratulations!

Who is the online seller? I am going to order 100 sundews if they all have ceph as companion plants😁 Congratulations for your good deal!

Who is the online seller? I am going to order 100 sundews if they all have ceph as companion plants😁 Congratulations for your good deal!
I can see it now.

BUY A SUNDEW, GET A FREE CEPHALOTUS!

LOL! was visting a hobbyist and in a pot he gave me, weeks later, a Drosphyllum decided to germinate. Talk about a
r...

Extraordinary bit of good fortune there! I would love to have this show up as a hitchhiker. :)

The funny part for me is that sundews are usually the hitchhikers, second only to Utricularia of course. I've never purchased a cape sundew, but I must have 2 dozen mixed in with my other plants. I find it hilarious that I buy a sundew only to find something so cool mixed in.

You better bet I checked all the other pots from this order too. Alas no more Cephalotus.

Great hitchhiker! Congratulations on your addition.

- - - Updated - - -

Who is the online seller? I am going to order 100 sundews if they all have ceph as companion plants�� Congratulations for your good deal!

LOL. I would like the name of the seller also :-D

- - - Updated - - -

LOL! was visting a hobbyist and in a pot he gave me, weeks later, a Drosphyllum decided to germinate. Talk about a
r...

LOL.

Last edited:
Nice one!
How did you not notice this before? That much couldn't have grown from a seed a month, and even an accidentally buried leaf wouldn't make two pitchers in a month...

That's awesome! Congrats on the ceph!

This was a pot of G. hispidula that I was given:

AF002601.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You both are so lucky. I hope this happens to me one day lol.

Is that a Drosophyllum?

It was most definitely a baby Drosophyllum.... and I killed it after the second transplant into a taller pot.

Back