What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RO Water

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I've been looking into the possibility of having an RO filter for the plants. I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on an RO unit and was wondering if there is a device or filter that exists that can simply screw onto a kitchen faucet.

Google search revealed several units similar to this one. It is not exactly "stick onto the the faucet" setup but you can work something out using diverter valves (another one). However if the pressure in your pipes is low you will need to get a booster pump. And with this I humbly pave the way for the master expert in all things RO: [MENTION=6193]Av8tor1[/MENTION]

Last edited:
Jim, Gill is spot on...

RO systems must have good pressure (no less than 40psi at the membrane while running, 60 is recommended)
If you dont have that, it will never work right and it will be a prefilter and water hog.

Check your pressure if you can before you make the leap.

Butch

Last edited:
I'll look into it.

Back