What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Jersey, Pennsylvania or Delaware

gill_za

Never Knows Best
Hello!

I am curious if there are members here that belong to an active New Jersey, Pennsylvania or Delaware carnivorous plant groups that perhaps meet periodically or semi-periodically IRL. I am from Philadelphia and was hoping to find a local CP group.

P.S. South Eastern PA carnivorous plants society does not seem to be active :(

It's not.
I tried setting something up many years ago when there was a couple growers in the area.
Was hoping to have an occasional met up somewhere and trade plants and such. Nothing ever came from it.
I've been thinking of just deleting the forum....heck I can't tell you the last time I even looked at it....(I was going to get around to your inquiry...well I did just do that here.)

For about 6 years in a row, I went to the NJ Pine Barrens. Did post it here if anyone was every interested in meeting up there. A time or 2 some other people did come out. I haven't been there for a few years and wanting to get back. Probably not this year as I have several trips already planned.

Elgecko,

Thank you for the reply. I was hoping there would be a group to do just what you mentioned: meet sometime for a drink or a trip somewhere, trade plants etc. Similar groups do exist in other states/cities. Strange that in the tri-state area known for an abundance of CPs no such group seems to exist. Well, there is one more interested grower in the area now.

Back