What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A grand feast!

Noticed one of my N. ventricosa x (thorelii x aristolochioides) looked funny, so I took a closer look...

2lKAJLo.jpg

EgXWMzg.jpg

Its interesting to note the amount of "drool" these pitchers have been producing, note the ants are congregating midway and further down on the pitcher body, thats because the entire front half of the thing is soaked in nectar!

Last edited:
Cool. I've always wondered how much of a dent a few pitchers would put in an ant colony's foragers. Would it be a significantly larger number than what they would lose to other causes in an average day?

Sticky!

Doesn't look exactly like a primary N. aristolochioides cross to me. Sure it's not ventricosa x (thorelii x aristolochioides)?

There is only one way to respond to that photo.

:-))

Doesn't look exactly like a primary N. aristolochioides cross to me. Sure it's not ventricosa x (thorelii x aristolochioides)?

Sorry, that is the correct cross, mistyped.

Back