What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sacramento Bromeliad & Carnivorous Plant Society 46th Annual Show and Sale
Saturday & Sunday July 23 and 24, 10AM to 4PM
Free parking. Free Admission.

Anyone else going or have been there before? What's it like?

If anyone wants to try to meet up, I can bring a few things to sell/trade.

Many kinds and colors of live Sphagnum.

Any seeds off of my grow/trade list.

VFT BCP Titan

VFT Pinnacle Giant

VFT JCP Dente

VFT Megatraps

VFT Bigmouth.

Drosera cv. BCP Andromeda 7th large plants.

Drosera glabripes {giant}

Drosera prolifera

I hope to get a chance to meet some of you from the Terraforums and learn from you all.

I'm in Davis so I might go. Do you know if there will be any vendors there?

I'm not sure, there is not much info online. Maybe I'll see if I can find some contact info for the organizers and get some more info.

From what I got from a few emails, it's not mainly a carnivorous plant show/sell. There will be a few members selling and Barsch Tropicals is a confirmed vendor. Chet Blackburn will be there so I know there will be some impressive plants on display. Hopefully I can get to talk to him and a few other locals that have more experience growing in this hot and super low humidity.

dang, had I seen this sooner I could have made the drive up!

Some pictures. I was pretty disappointed by the selection of plants for sale, but then again I think the focus was more on bromeliads.

Nepenthes spathulata x hamata
r2i4lAR.jpg

yNwgmIf.jpg

Nepenthes truncata
rJ4nDW5.jpg

NtDkUjG.jpg

v54SlpC.jpg

l2i74SD.jpg

Sarracenia rubra
fG4g1cN.jpg

Sarracenia purpurea
KmcbGjj.jpg

Drosera intermedia
qPNsoGi.jpg

Sarracenia alata
cFQqX35.jpg

Sarracenia minor 'Okefenokee Giant'
hS3JnbH.jpg

Sarracenia minor
vgqRC18.jpg

There was a nice little "bog" set up indoors too.
vCTk72p.jpg

That's one spectacular Truncata. I wonder how many years of growing went into getting it to that point.

That's one spectacular Truncata. I wonder how many years of growing went into getting it to that point.

The owner wasn't there so I don't know, but I heard from someone else that it was grown in a greenhouse. It's definitely a marvelous specimen.

Back