What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random: Does anyone here play PC games?

• Thread starter Zath
  • Start date
  • Tags
    space

Zath

Enthusiastic Enthusiast
Simple question, and I'm just fishing here, seeing what the response will be like.

I finally have decent-enough internet that I can start thinking about playing online again, but most established game communities are so toxic / unfriendly to newbies that I'm reaching out to try and find just a handful of people to mess around with in a friendly and like-minded environment.

Mostly interested in playing either Space Engineers or Ark: Survival Evolved, but if you have other suggestions, I might be up for it, so long as it isn't a FTP grindfest like World of Tanks, or strictly FPS like COD, Splinter-Cell, etc.

(Edit) Should also mention I have a headset / microphone and am willing, and prefer, to use voice-chat as opposed to text-chat in-game, if that's an issue.

Last edited:
I play online at times, not long stretches of time though. I mainly play Blizzard games: HoTS, Hearthstone and Overwatch; I used to play LoL but have cut back significantly on that in favor of Blizzard games.

I play so many games its disgusting.
to name a couple:

World of tanks, War Thunder, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, MW3, Minecraft, Killing Floor

I haven't touched my PC for weeks ever since Norton screwed it up and now the screen is shrunk. I haven't bothered fixing it yet, since it is so frustrating to look at.

I play CS:GO, League of Legends, and Rocket League

I play CS:GO, League of Legends, and Rocket League

Been considering Rocket League.

I'd love to play Overwatch as well, but I'm not a huge fan of Battlenet nor of the in-game microtransactions. I realize that you can easily play without bothering with them, but I prefer not to support games that do that by giving them my money, lol.

Been considering Rocket League.

I'd love to play Overwatch as well, but I'm not a huge fan of Battlenet nor of the in-game microtransactions. I realize that you can easily play without bothering with them, but I prefer not to support games that do that by giving them my money, lol.

I know how you feel, Zath. While it may not affect me personally, I strongly object to the games psychologically manipulating people into spending large amounts of money to obtain artificially scarce items.

As for myself I play a very wide variety of games, though not too much multiplayer at the moment since I find most modern multiplayer games dreadfully lacking in balance and good ideas. I do play Counter-strike though I haven't in months, and the Rocket League devs are on my :censor:list for refusing to even acknowledge people asking for the ability for kb/m players to manually control the camera like gamepad players can.

Don't play anything currently but if there's ever a game I'd want to play, it's no man's sky. Too bad it's so damn expensive

I've been mostly playing Rocket League trying to get better lately...I have way too many hours on it. It is really good at being easy to figure out and difficult to master. I have even more hours in Arma 3 which i haven't been playing much lately. Arma has a steep learning curve but has a lot of interesting physics and crazy mods. Microphone is pretty much required for Arma. Played a cracked version of No Man's Sky to check it out (it got cracked from day 1 of PC release) but probably won't dump a lot of time into it.

Zath I'd recommend ARK over Space Engineers if those were your only two choices. I have both games but the Space Engineers community is quite small and I couldn't break into the game easily.

Star Citizen is a behemoth that has a huge filesize, is demanding on hardware, and seems promising but is still beta and personally not a lot of fun yet. Definitely keeping tabs on it as it progresses in development though.

Last edited:
I've been mostly playing Rocket League trying to get better lately...I have way too many hours on it. It is really good at being easy to figure out and difficult to master. I have even more hours in Arma 3 which i haven't been playing much lately. Arma has a steep learning curve but has a lot of interesting physics and crazy mods. Microphone is pretty much required for Arma. Played a cracked version of No Man's Sky to check it out (it got cracked from day 1 of PC release) but probably won't dump a lot of time into it.

Zath I'd recommend ARK over Space Engineers if those were your only two choices. I have both games but the Space Engineers community is quite small and I couldn't break into the game easily.

Star Citizen is a behemoth that has a huge filesize, is demanding on hardware, and seems promising but is still beta and personally not a lot of fun yet. Definitely keeping tabs on it as it progresses in development though.

I already have both Ark and SE, so if you happen to play (or would consider playing with an acquaintance) that's why I asked, lol. Either would be fine, but I understand that SE has a pretty steep learning curve (even compared to Ark, which basically starts you off starving to death and dying to dinos within 5 minutes of starting a new character, lol)

I've put loads of hours into both games. I'm really just bored with playing them single-player, and don't want to jump into an established server with "pros". Would much rather have a game with a friend or two who are at more or less the same skill level as me, haha.

Even so, if I decide to get Rocket League, I'll let you guys know. Might wait till it's on sale though. It seems like one of those games that's fun to play for an hour or so at a time, but without much reason to put a lot of time into it unless you just like the competitive aspect, whereas I'm more into the cooperative side of multiplayer.

I play so many games its disgusting.
to name a couple:

World of tanks, War Thunder, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, MW3, Minecraft, Killing Floor

Ayyyyyy MW3! I thought I was the only one who still played that game.

I also forgot to mention I also play EVE, and I recently found Paragon which is a MOBA similar to a cross between LoL and Overwatch. I'll give more of a review once I've had some time to play more.

Edit with update: The gameplay of Paragon is great as well as the graphics. Builds for your character are interesting as it is card based, and you can upgrade the cards instead of single items. It is more similar to LoL in that it revolves around towers and last shotting minions for resources. Having said that, the stability of the game is terrible. Last night, I had the game crash 3 times and had to force shut down the game and launcher. Once they get the stability of the platform down, it should be a quite fun game.

Last edited:
I play LoL. Would love to que up with some TF folks sometime.

I play a lot of League of Legends, thats about it right now. Oh ive got Dont Starve Together as well.

I play a lot of games, but sporadically, and only a few different ones at a time. My go-to's for multiplayer online are Dota 2 and League of Legends. Other than that, I've been playing a lot of Skyrim, lately. If you're looking for a generally friendly and supportive online gaming community, I would HIGHLY recommend Mass Effect 3. It's been very rare that I've had toxic players in that game. I was honestly really worried about the multiplayer function of Mass Effect 3 when it came out, but after trying it, it's probably my favorite.

Back