What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attention - photo plagiariser

https://www.instagram.com/fly_killer69/

This guy is passing off numerous photos sourced from places ranging from well-known growers to Wikipedia as his own and has made deliberate efforts to conceal the fact that these photos do not belong to him (such as cropping out watermarks). The people whose photos were stolen have been notified.

IMG_5326_zpstp2eshxd.png

IMG_5327_zpsjx7rl7vd.png

Last edited:
He should know how to search for open licensed photos. Both Google Image and Flickr can do the filtering based on the license. I release all photos with non-human subject with creative commons (CC) attribution (AY) share-alike (SA) license, so anyone can use mine, but he has to follow the rule (he has to put the proper credits). Wikipedia photos are all open licensed, but most of them are CC-AY, so he can't hide the credit.

How sad do you have to be to fake your carnivorous plant instagram posts??

Quick question. He took like 5 of my photos. He took them from a group we both belong to on FB. I never uploaded them to my Instagram, as I just started that account within the last week.

Who would I report that to? I apologize for the not so intelligent question, but I'm not exactly a tech genius.

Thanks for the heads up ser! You sir are a good guy in my book!

Really can't believe the nerve of this person! It takes a lot of time and effort to grow stunning plants and also to compose the photos! Hopefully it will be sorted quickly and as painlessly as poss!

Mark

Sad indeed.

Wonder if he sells cps? If he does, then it is possible that he is using the stolen pics with the intent of boosting sales by convincing others that he is a proficient grower.

I can have some compassion for those ignorant with regards to the fact that what they are doing is wrong -- like this blogger was: Bloggers Beware: You CAN Get Sued For Using Pics on Your Blog - My Story — Roni Loren , but based on the efforts he took to conceal the fact those photos were not his property, it is obvious that he knows full well that what he is doing is wrong.

Last edited:
Back