What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenethes and Amazon ?

I was wondering what you all thought about getting Nepenthes off Amazon? Is it safe or do you get Nepenthes from ther or do you get ript off more times than not?

Buying off Ebay is better in my opinion. There are way more plants there. Dont buy from people in china though, almost every person from china that sells stuff on ebay is a scammer. Amazon sells some nepenthes, but most of it are shirts, books, mousepads, or things printed on stuff.

Sent from my SM-G935V

Buying off Ebay is better in my opinion. There are way more plants there. Dont buy from people in china though, almost every person from china that sells stuff on ebay is a scammer. Amazon sells some nepenthes, but most of it are shirts, books, mousepads, or things printed on stuff.

Sent from my SM-G935V

Thanks for the reply but I have an Amazon gift card and was going to get some LED lights and a new plant. I just wanted to know safe it was before I did it . I just don't want to get scammed and get a bad plant

It's difficult to gauge the reliability of third-party sellers on Amazon since they make it difficult to find where the companies are located. In any case, most of the sellers I'm seeing when searching for Nepenthes on Amazon are actually well-known nurseries and plant propagation operations selling common Nepenthes hybrids. It can be dangerous ordering Nepenthes this time of year without a heat pack though and I'm not sure if any of these sellers offer those.

It's probably best just to order from an actual carnivorous plant nursery but if you decide to go the Amazon route, here's two things to watch out for:
Don't even consider Nepenthes seeds on Amazon. They're all fake.
Check the estimated shipping time - if it's significantly longer than other items the seller is probably located overseas and likely won't ship the plant with the proper paperwork for legal plant importation.

Back