What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That "Werewolf Spawn" is really wild looking. How is the care on the mirabilis x hamata? It seems like it really retains a lot of hamata features.

I'm rather impressed how much the teeth are showing through on the globosa x hamata cross; also don't think I've heard of that one before either. It like lowland conditions, or more intermediate?

To my knowledge, the N. mirabilis var globosa x hamata is a pretty recent cross. It's seed grown from BE. The place I ordered it from said the plants they had showed a lot of variation, which makes sense. As far as care, it's been very easy so far, and would do great on a windowsill. I currently have it in my basement under grow lights. I actually have a dehumidifier running, keeping things below 50%. I've only had the plant for about three months and the pitcher above is the first it's put out for me, but there are two more on the way. It seems pretty happy.

I really like the Drosera meristocaulis. I thought the baby Sarracenia was a Heliamphora.
Thanks! The Sarracenia was only about a month old when I took that picture, but was already gorging on fungus gnats. It's well fed for sure.

So you're growing it as an intermediate; humidity is not a concern for me with my conditions, but my inquiry was mostly concerning temperatures.

N. bicalcarata brunei red flush just made my want list. Stunning

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Some more pictures:

N. robcantleyi x veitchii
l6WAWdX.jpg

3cvUG8K.jpg

N. fusca
1hwgEVc.jpg

G. lobata x flexuosa
60NOKQK.jpg

N. robcantleyi x (aristolochioides x spectabilis)
oglxYNE.jpg

N. sibuyanensis
0crAa7k.jpg

N. villosa pitcher jump
YuRuvth.jpg

DRisdht.jpg

N. robcantleyi
giRoY7t.jpg

N. hamata
xwTb0an.jpg

N. robcantleyi x hamata, love the fuzzy pitcher
sxr2e5v.jpg

N. (ventricosa x sibuyanensis) - giant x burkei
Oqexhn8.jpg

Fallen soldiers
qKdZPWg.jpg

I've been playing with backlighting Nepenthes pitchers, I think it gives them a cool look.

N. mirabilis var. globosa 'viking'
dZeN62p.jpg

N. spathulata x hamata
NzeRflp.jpg

N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana
lAdmnqp.jpg

Is your fusca the flared peristome form? Your villosa looks very nice.

Is your fusca the flared peristome form? Your villosa looks very nice.

Thanks! I'm not sure about the N. fusca. It didn't come labeled as "flared peristome" so I'm hesitant to say one way or the other. But, it is a fairly young plant and the past 3-4 pitchers have been flared.

Oh sure, your G. lobata x flexuosa flowers for you... :p

Last edited:
Great photography! I like the dramatic look your N. sibuyanensis has with its long tenrils, makes me hope mine picks up the pace soon.

Oh sure, your G. lobata x flexuosa flowers for you... :p

LOL... just lucky I guess.

Great photography! I like the dramatic look your N. sibuyanensis has with its long tenrils, makes me hope mine picks up the pace soon.

Thanks! I love the long tendrils. I saw them described somewhere as an "undesirable trait of the species." To each their own, I guess. Good luck with yours.

Back