What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In loving memory of. . .

• Thread starter Dexenthes
  • Start date

Dexenthes

Aristoloingulamata
John Glenn, Leon Russell, Prince, David Bowie, Carrie Fisher, George Michael, Leonard Cohen, my next door neighbor Pat Laws, my grandfather Helmut Jacob, friend of friends, Allen Estrin and SO many many more than have come to pass in this year, 2016. Oh, and least of which being in such fond memory of the Drosera murfetii that were so generously traded to me by Bluemax. It is with an ashamed and heavy heart that I do report that this species cannot survive sustained temperatures below 30 degrees F for extended periods of time while still as small seedlings.

In life these sundews were short lived. They thoroughly enjoyed their summer in Alaska, putting on size and growing many leaves. Both of the young sundew had caught live pray and were true carnivores. They are survived by Darlingtonia, Sarracenia and many Nepenthes.

Truly a year of culling this has been.

Last edited:
Don't forget Alan Rickman and Christopher Lee. Rest in peace everyone (and every plant.)

My casualties this year include a Pinguicula grandiflora generously given to me by DJ57, some D. filiformis seedlings, and a whole lot of seeds, all thanks to some bad peat. Also probably my D. hookeri and D. cistiflora plants that I apparently let get too dry this summer.

Back