What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No February POTM? Well I told Zu I was going to post this orchid

• Thread starter seedjar
  • Start date

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
Zu sent me this great compact lady slipper over six years ago - IIRC, it's one she sprouted (maybe even crossed?) herself. Last year it finally bloomed for the first time. This is the second spike I've got from it now. Here's my glamour shot:

And a few others that didn't quite make the cut:

Cheers,
~Joe

Nice. So - a Phragmipedium cross, then?

I double-checked and turns out this is not the seedgrown one Zu gave me, but another sent in the same trade - Paphiopedilum 'Michael Koopowitz'.
~Joe

02ea7fa3646711df984fbab62d197f08.jpg
ab43d576d48afad89bec9edb7e255ac6.jpg

That orchid looks awesome. Guess I got my work cut out for me. S. bugbat. I've had this plant a little over a year now.

I double-checked and turns out this is not the seedgrown one Zu gave me, but another sent in the same trade - Paphiopedilum 'Michael Koopowitz'.
~Joe

Yeah, it def looks like Koopowitz, and NICE!!!!!

Hmmm, funny I thought I did post a POTM. Maybe it got lost in the transition.... Ima report my post here and ask mods if something weird happened?

You talking about the transition to https? No links or anything were lost. At most a browser will give a "unsecure" warning when external images are posted like this topic, it didn't actually change anything on the forum side.

Edit: I don't see a pitcher of the month post for Feb. either.

Odd, cuz the polls got started and that's usually when Thez or myself (when I sub for her) start the new month's thread too. I seem to remember the new contests being started because it is uncommon for the polls to get started before the start of the new month. Eh, that was a month ago. Who can remember that far back when I can barely remember what I had for breakfast.

Hmm... someone shoulda PM'd me if it was missing :-P-:

Anyway, I support Red Lowii taking the torch. I've done it going on good 5ish years, and maybe it's time for a change. (Andy, he'll need polling powers...)

There was both a pitcher OM and a plant OM for Feb.

Huh, I dug around for a while and the closest I could find was January 2017 and February 2016 - no February 2017. What's done is done, no worries. I shared the pic and that was my main objective. :)
~Joe

Hmm... someone shoulda PM'd me if it was missing :-P-:

Anyway, I support Red Lowii taking the torch. I've done it going on good 5ish years, and maybe it's time for a change. (Andy, he'll need polling powers...)
Ok, I'll give permissions (but leave them with you too, in case you need them :p )

So strange, I've looked in every log and I can't find anything regarding these posts. ???

As I recalled. Glad to see I haven't lost it completely yet :D

Huh, I dug around for a while and the closest I could find was January 2017 and February 2016 - no February 2017. What's done is done, no worries. I shared the pic and that was my main objective. :)
~Joe

Ok, I'll give permissions (but leave them with you too, in case you need them :p )

So strange, I've looked in every log and I can't find anything regarding these posts. ???

Yes, bizarre. If they were deleted by someone there should be an audit trail. There should be an audit of when they were started too. Even if the indexes got out of sync there should still be an audit.

Last edited:
It definitely wasn't me or a moderator... Nothing in those logs. There isn't much of a log kept for what users create or delete... Maybe one of the times the site was overloaded something happened and it rolled back a little. I've never heard of that happening or even if it is possible without me asking the server to perform a roll back. If that was it, it should be solved since the server has been updated and AFAIK there hasn't been another incident of it.
[MENTION=4126]seedjar[/MENTION] I love the orchid! The second photo kinda reminds me of the critter in the movie Mimic. lol

Yeah I thought I saw one too at the beginning of the month, when I mentioned to Zu I was planning to post a pic. There was at least one submission up at that point. Strange.

Thanks Andrew, I'm pretty fond of it myself. Lady slipper orchids are one of groups that first drew me to exotic plants.

~Joe

Back