What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grey Moss Thread

• Thread starter Grey Moss
  • Start date

U. sandersonii seems to never stop blooming.

With spring back the U. bisquamata is blooming again.

U. livida is sending up its first flowers. They're very white flowers.

D. coccicaulis has settled in nicely while I was gone over break

D. affinis

D. madagascariensis

The newest N. talangensis x robcantleyi pitcher

Red nectar being produced by N. sanguinea

The newest N. ramispina x ventricosa pitcher. This has been a nice, easy plant to grow.

Beautiful collection! Are these growing in individual containers in plastic tubs?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

U. Bisquamata is a wonderful plant. Until you start weeding out of every single plant's pot.

Love the Utri. I have 3 myself and there just starting to flower for me.

Beautiful collection! Are these growing in individual containers in plastic tubs?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I grow all the utricularia and drosera in individual pots in deep tubs yes.

The largest of the drosophyllum that have sprouted for me so far. I hope that these do well.

A pot of p. lusitanica that sprouted just a few weeks ago. The leaves are starting to become distinctive.

The first flower my sethos x gypsicola has made in my care. I like the shade of purple.

The sharpest possible picture I managed to take of these tiny flowers.

I had a few freshly opened nep pitchers this week.

N. Densiflora x Robcantleyi

N. Ramispina x Ventricosa

Nepenthes tiny lid, or N. Platychila

N. Sanguinea

N. Ventricosa flower. It smells pretty strongly of bleach.

My first U. Microcalyx flower

The biggest of the D. Scorpioidies have put out their first carnivorous leaves.

A few new things to show today.

A tiny, new N. ephippiata

Newest N. densiflora X robcantleyi pitcher

First N. singalana pitcher. I'm glad it hasn't reacted to all the hot nights lately

N. truncata x mira putting out big pitchers for a small plant. Looking foreward to see how large it can ultimately get.

N. platychila

Fresh flower off a P. sethos x gypsicola

P. Zecheri going dormant suddenly

A few U. subulata flowers

Last edited:
That newset N. platychila pitcher looks kinda off to me, it sort of reminds me of the cross with N. burbidgeae. I really like the U. subulata flowers actually, I only have a cleistogamous form so I never see those flowers!

Last edited:
That newset N. platychila pitcher looks kinda off to me, it sort of reminds me of the cross with N. burbidgeae. I really like the U. subulata flowers actually, I only have a cleistogamous form so I never see those flowers!

I'll be keeping an eye on it then. Burbidgeae hybrids are cool but I do want a pure platychila eventually. You know what features would definitively show it not to be the pure species?

Here are some of the new things this month.

D. filiformis Fl Red leaf cuttings getting to trading size

D. Pulchella

D. scorpioides right after feeding

D. Sessifolia

P. lusitanica

Vein detail in U. alpina

N. Singalana

Unlabled Plant

Had a few brand new plants come in this week.

N. Boschiana

Veitchii hybrid

N. Clipeata x (Clipeata x Eymae)

Showing its peltate tendril placement

And some that have put out some new pitchers

Sibuyanensis hybrid

N Truncata x Mira

It took 6 months of adjustment but I finally got a nice pitcher out of this N. Spathulata x Ramispina

N. Maxima

N. Densiflora x Robcantleyi

N. Truncata x Mira

N. Vogelii

Tiny N. Ephippiata. Poked around it and found a side shoot the other day.

N. Platychila (?)

N. Glandulifera x Robcantleyi

New N. Truncata Paisan

Love all the plants. Great shots of the D.Pulchella. Lost all mine this summer. I was told to put them in full sun as they would love it. What they didnt tell me was thay dont like a lot of heat. Needless to say it got quite hot one day and I lost them all in one shot.

That rampisina ventricosa....i know what my next plants gonna be now😁

N. Spathulata x Ramispina pitcher fully folded back

New N. Boschiana pitcher

First pitcher from my N. Veitchii hybrid

N. Talangensis x Glandulifera is a fast grower, it opens a new pitcher every other week.

D. Scorpioidies are starting to make gemmae

D. Palacea started earlier and are fully ready to be harvested

Drosophyllum seedling

P. Aphrodite

P. Emarginata although it doesn't match any of the photos I've seen online.

New N. Maxima pitcher

This N. Fallax/Stenophylla came in this week and it's the hairiest nep I've seen yet.

I got the U. Nelumbifolia at the NECPS for an unbelievable price. It's now my favorite utric. The stolons are really different from all the other utricularia I have so far.

Yeah, that's no emarginata; never mind the pattern (which is a crucial part), but the shape is entirely wrong as well.

Out of curiosity, is that maxima the BE-3067 form? Looks similar to mine when it was a bit younger.

You're exactly right. I got it because I had one in my old collection that I ended up really liking. I actually bought that one as an Eymae 8 or 9 years ago now. I'm hoping that I can recreate the colors that I saw in the old one.

Here's the last photo I have of the old Maxima in my old setup. The pitchers ended up getting around 8-9 inches tall.

Back