What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gardens with CP displays

• Thread starter kdlaws
  • Start date
Hi everyone! I'm new to the hobby, I just bought my first CP in March (a little N. fusca, purchased from Native Exotics at the Boston Flower Show). Over the past month or so I've been scouring this forum to soak up as much Nepenthes knowledge as possible, so thank you all for the great info here! I was telling a friend last night about this new hobby of mine and she noted that I lit up while talking about it :) I'm hooked!

Anyway, I was in Michigan this past weekend on a girlfriends' getaway and we visited the Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park in Grand Rapids. Imagine my delight when I stumbled upon the CP room there!! They have an entire room devoted to CPs, with so many gorgeous plants! It was amazing. If only I'd known in advance (my fault for not researching further, which I usually do) and scheduled a behind the scenes tour with the gardener. *sigh*

So now I'm left wondering, what other gardens have amazing CP displays that warrant a visit? U.S., worldwide, I'd love to know about them and possibly work them into future travel plans!

A few years ago, at Universal Studios Orlando, in the queue for Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey ride, I was surprised to see a bunch of Neps hanging in the "green house" area. They were real, live Neps mixed in with some fake plants. Check out some photos I found just now:

greenhouse.jpg

37001_1494815253995_1342472273_1303525_4832082_n.jpg

dsc00478.jpg

Last time I was there (maybe a year or two ago) the Neps were no longer mixed in with the plants. I guess they didn't want to deal with live plant up keep. Now it's just a bunch of fake plants, not even any fake neps either. :p

It's not something that can be visited now, but it was a cool find when I first saw it, and I'm sure others people must have noticed and enjoyed the surprise too.

Last edited:
Aww that's a shame. Definitely not a place one would expect to see Nepenthes.

Wow, what a neat surprise Acro! Thanks for sharing :) Fake plants - ugh! :nono:

There must be others out there? Why's everyone keeping mum?

I'm planning to visit the New York Botanical Garden this summer. Their website mentions CPs but that's all it is, just a mention. But hopefully the fact that they made the website means it's a nice/extensive display... we'll see!

Back