What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum/shoutbox update!

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
I just finished updating the forum software and shoutbox (to work with the new forum version) if you happen to notice anything being silly, wrong, or missing please let me know.
Thanks!
Andrew

Edit: A few other mods need updates too in the near future, so just a heads up that those will be happening too although I probably won't announce when I do them, they're more of a behind the scenes thing so you probably won't notice anything there... but just so you know to keep your eyes open for monkey business...

I've noticed since the update that the chatbox timestamps are updating to show the date when a message is posted the previous day. I'm guessing it's intended, but it's updating at midnight GMT, not in the local time zone - so it always happens at 5 PM for me. Personally I'd like to have the option to turn that off if it's possible.

There was a problem with the chatbox forcing me to scroll down when I was trying to read earlier posts, but it seems to be fixed now. Thanks!

There was a problem with the chatbox forcing me to scroll down when I was trying to read earlier posts, but it seems to be fixed now. Thanks!

Wow you're right it's not doing that anymore! On the computer I could handle it ok but on the tablet it was quite a chore to read older messages sometimes. Nice!

I've noticed since the update that the chatbox timestamps are updating to show the date when a message is posted the previous day. I'm guessing it's intended, but it's updating at midnight GMT, not in the local time zone - so it always happens at 5 PM for me. Personally I'd like to have the option to turn that off if it's possible.

Yeah, server is set to gmt, maybe I can change that to central or something to minimize the chance we're online when the time change happens or something. I don't see an option for it to happen per user though.

Ah I thought you might say that. It seems odd that a function like this would be tied to the server time zone and not adjust for each user.

I did change how posts past 24 hours look, to have the same format as posts made today. So you shouldn't see it anymore.

Thanks for checking into it!

Back