What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Info on posting pics/threads

• Thread starter pearldiver
  • Start date
Recently, I went to post a thread and encountered a multiple snafu. Overall, the thread did not post, which was probably operator error. But, whilst trying to post pics, I did the usual Photobucket thing, all went as usual, and when I hit the button to "preview post" all that was there was the code, not the pic. And not lit. I know there are four options, but I always use the same one that leaves a pic, not a link you have to click to bring up the pic. Also, I have heard that as a green member, one can post pics directly from one's own hard drive. Attempts in the past to do so were less than successful. I once asked here about that, and received no reply. Hey, such is life, but I will ask again...should someone wish to offer up some info/advice. The easiest thing would be from hdd, and avoid the PB thing, if possible, I simple do not know how to do so. If you have this knowledge, and wish to chime in, please assume limited knowledge of computer terms and please include all steps in the simplest terms. Thanks!

I've been liking using Flickr - it provides a picture (at various sizes,) a link, and a caption all in one and I've found their website far more reliable than Photobucket. I certainly understand you wanting to avoid using third party websites though so hopefully someone can assist with uploading images directly to the forum.

To use your posting abilities from your thank you membership you need to make sure you are in "advance" mode for replies not the quick reply.
So make sure you click "Go Advanced" below right of the reply box.
After you type up your reply scroll down PAST the submit reply buttons and you will find other options including "Attachments" click "Manage Attachments".
At top right you will find "Add Files" click that. A new window will open. Click "Select Files" this will open the browser to find files on your computer. Locate the file and click on it to highlight it note that you can hold CTRL to select multiple photos here.
This will take you back to the forum upload page where you will see a list of the files queued for upload. Click "Upload Files" at the bottom.
Once the upload is done, all files you just uploaded will be automatically selected, click "Insert Inline(*) (* will be however many files you have uploaded, I have done 3 here so it says "Insert Inline (3)" )
Then click Done
You will now be redirected to your post with the photos inserted using a code similar to this:
Code:
[ATTACH=C0NFIG]3701._xfImport[/ATTACH][ATTACH=C0NFIG]3699._xfImport[/ATTACH][ATTACH=C0NFIG]3700._xfImport[/ATTACH]

You can separate them out if you would like so you can write something about each photo (but you have to remember the order you uploaded them if you don't you can go back to "manage attachments and it will show you them again). That would be like this...

Code:
This is my cat Kion, he is a Bengal which is a hybrid of a Asian Leopard cat and a domesticated cat.  I love the rosettes they have!
[ATTACH=C0NFIG]3701._xfImport[/ATTACH]
We have him on a raw diet which means we grind up meat (at a ratio of 80/10/10 which means 80% meat 10%bone and 10%organ) since cats are obligate carnivores.  We feel this gives our cats their amazing shine and optimal health.
[ATTACH=C0NFIG]3699._xfImport[/ATTACH]
For fun, this is when I first woke him up to take photos for our Bengal cat page :p
[ATTACH=C0NFIG]3700._xfImport[/ATTACH]

And this is what that post would look like:

This is my cat Kion, he is a Bengal which is a hybrid of a Asian Leopard cat and a domesticated cat. I love the rosettes they have!
IMG_0118.jpg
We have him on a raw diet which means we grind up meat (at a ratio of 80/10/10 which means 80% meat 10%bone and 10%organ) since cats are obligate carnivores. We feel this gives our cats their amazing shine and optimal health.
IMG_0131.jpg
For fun, this is when I first woke him up to take photos for our Bengal cat page :p
IMG_0101.jpg

Make sure to click "Preview Post" to make sure everything looks exactly as you want before hitting Submit Reply. Let me know if you need any more help!
Andrew

The only time I have problems with Photobucket is when I forget to copy the BBC text into the clipboard. Or if the browser caches older versions of the image - refreshing the cache solves that.

Although out of date the basics for Photobucket are the same. There no longer is an organize mode. Just click on the check marks for multiple selections and click on link on the bottom action bar.
https://www.terraforums.com/forums/general-discussions/136281-embed-photos-host.html#post1146077

Basically you just need to copy and paste the [ img ] url [ /img ] code.

To use your posting abilities from your thank you membership you need to make sure you are in "advance" mode for replies not the quick reply.
So make sure you click "Go Advanced" below right of the reply box.
After you type up your reply scroll down PAST the submit reply buttons and you will find other options including "Attachments" click "Manage Attachments".
At top right you will find "Add Files" click that. A new window will open. Click "Select Files" this will open the browser to find files on your computer. Locate the file and click on it to highlight it note that you can hold CTRL to select multiple photos here.
This will take you back to the forum upload page where you will see a list of the files queued for upload. Click "Upload Files" at the bottom.
Once the upload is done, all files you just uploaded will be automatically selected, click "Insert Inline(*) (* will be however many files you have uploaded, I have done 3 here so it says "Insert Inline (3)" )
Then click Done
You will now be redirected to your post with the photos inserted using a code similar to this:
Code:
[ATTACH=C0NFIG]3701[/ATTACH][ATTACH=C0NFIG]3699[/ATTACH][ATTACH=C0NFIG]3700[/ATTACH]

You can separate them out if you would like so you can write something about each photo (but you have to remember the order you uploaded them if you don't you can go back to "manage attachments and it will show you them again). That would be like this...

Code:
This is my cat Kion, he is a Bengal which is a hybrid of a Asian Leopard cat and a domesticated cat.  I love the rosettes they have!
[ATTACH=C0NFIG]3701[/ATTACH]
We have him on a raw diet which means we grind up meat (at a ratio of 80/10/10 which means 80% meat 10%bone and 10%organ) since cats are obligate carnivores.  We feel this gives our cats their amazing shine and optimal health.
[ATTACH=C0NFIG]3699[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=C0NFIG]3700[/ATTACH]

And this is what that post would look like:

This is my cat Kion, he is a Bengal which is a hybrid of a Asian Leopard cat and a domesticated cat. I love the rosettes they have!
View attachment 3701
We have him on a raw diet which means we grind up meat (at a ratio of 80/10/10 which means 80% meat 10%bone and 10%organ) since cats are obligate carnivores. We feel this gives our cats their amazing shine and optimal health.
View attachment 3699
View attachment 3700

Make sure to click "Preview Post" to make sure everything looks exactly as you want before hitting Submit Reply. Let me know if you need any more help!
Andrew

Ok forum photo uploads are working now :) Let me know if there are any questions on it.

Back