Informational! Informational!:  7
Likes Likes:  29
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: In the spotlight

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hate to be that guy but the saying is exactly the opposite: "One bad apple spoils the bunch," which is true of apples

I'm pretty annoyed with the article and its misrepresentations. Our group is such a great bunch and it's really not warranted to insinuate that we're anything else.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was also some discussion on the OPB radio, this radio show is now available
    - to listen on http://www.opb.org/radio/programs/th...ervice-center/
    - to directly download on https://api.spreaker.com/download/ep...5/12323255.mp3

But basically seems to be a repeat of the article, no corrections or anything... But they have a FB and twitter account.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScatterPants View Post
    Hate to be that guy but the saying is exactly the opposite: "One bad apple spoils the bunch," which is true of apples

I'm pretty annoyed with the article and its misrepresentations. Our group is such a great bunch and it's really not warranted to insinuate that we're anything else.
    Oh yeah?

But have it your way. You're all a bunch of rotten apples, smugglers, miscreants and malcontents. Time to get the ban hammer out
    Last edited by Not a Number; 07-10-2017 at 09:24 PM.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @BigBella and NAN:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ57 View Post
    As for the Portland Group meets, they carried on an undercover investigation for three years and only one member was implicated in any illegal activity. I am very saddened that this article has shed a negative light on our Portland CP group. I also agree that this article is misleading in more ways than one, as is the way of the media.
    I have seen firsthand what a tragically misguided, conniving, dangerous group of "phytocriminals" the "Sixpence Sect" is, and I swear I've never before encountered such a dank, intimidating group of misanthropes. (lingua in maxillam)
    Last edited by Whimgrinder; 07-11-2017 at 07:25 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    I have seen firsthand what a tragically misguided, conniving, dangerous group of "phytocriminals" the "Sixpence Sect" is, and I swear I've never before encountered such a dank, intimidating group of misanthropes. (lingua in maxillam)
    From what I heard from Nim, Ben is a pretty scary guy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All jokes aside, I think its a shame Mat made some of the choices he made; the felony charges are going to limit his options in life.
    I also think the article stinks in the way it portrays the average plant collector as an obsessed scofflaw. Whoever composed that piece was far too invested in recreating a mythology akin to that of Michael Kovach, Plant Smuggler Supreme, in order to craft a "Susan Orleans-eque" tale of dark intrigue within the seemingly benign community of PDX plant aficionados. Zero stars for gross overreach on the part of the writer, Doug Brown.
    Last edited by Whimgrinder; 07-11-2017 at 08:45 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking strictly for myself, as our group has no designated leaders, I am grateful for the support of the TF community and all friends who have chimed in here. And I have enjoyed the humor and efforts to lighten a difficult situation. Lingua in maxillam, indeed.

Thanks, all.
    - Mark

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast