What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP's in the Pacific Northwest (US)

• Thread starter bluemax
  • Start date

bluemax

Lotsa blue
Supporter
Since the Photobucket debacle I have lost almost all of the photos I have posted before a few months ago, as I'm sure others have as well. These photos were in that group but being as updated photos became available to me I wanted to continue with the subject. Therefore I am reposting the original photos and following it with a post containing the newer photos. If anyone else has photos they have taken and would like to post on this topic I would invite them to feel free to use this thread.

Last June I was working along a highway in Mt. Rainier National Park and I spotted this community of butterworts (Pinguicula vulgaris) growing along the side of the rock wall of the canyon. I am including a few shots I didn't post originally, I believe.

mini_P6198175.jpg

mini_P6198176.jpg

mini_P6198178.jpg

mini_P6198184.jpg

mini_P6198185.jpg

mini_P6198186.jpg

P6198178_Copy.jpg

Last edited:
And here are a few photos of the same group of plants taken in Sept. of this year. As you can see the amount of moisture is much less and there is only a bit of evidence for recent flowers but the plants continue to look healthy and have grown larger. I am grateful for use of these photos to Allison Borges.

mini_IMG_3668.jpg

mini_IMG_3673.jpg

The largest of these plants was easily 3" across.

mini_IMG_3665.jpg

The wall they are growing on faces west and has a clear opening in that direction due to the lack trees that way.

mini_IMG_3667.jpg

Photos by Allison Borges

Last edited:
Since the Photobucket debacle

I cant tell you how frustrating it is to navigate older threads, on this forum and others, and just seeing 99% of the pictures are gone because Photobucket is scummy. I imagine its even worse when its your own photos. Good luck with the reupload!

As a temporary fix (not guaranteed to continue working for any period of time) there are browser addons available that make Photobucket images viewable again.

Back