What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RO Recommendation?

Can anyone recommend an affordable RO. Im at the point where I'm going through more water than I can collect and want to buy. I'm just not sure what I need. 3 stage, 4 stage, DI?

any tips and help would be much appreciated. I just need it as affordable as possible.

I have used the BRS 4 stage for years and it works. For CPs the DI stage is really not needed. You may want to get the water saver upgrade at some point because the amount of waist water is high without it. Use that waist water to water less sensitive plants. You can pickup a couple 5 gallon buckets at the big hardware stores for a few bucks more and have a ten gallon RO water storage. 75GPD is just a trickle of water, so you will want something to store a few gallons for quick watering. A cheap TDS meter is also a good idea. You can use it to see what your water looks like coming out of your faucet and coming out of the RO machine. It also helps you keep tabs on the health of the RO membrane so you do not replace it needlessly.

I have used the BRS 4 stage for years and it works. For CPs the DI stage is really not needed. You may want to get the water saver upgrade at some point because the amount of waist water is high without it. Use that waist water to water less sensitive plants. You can pickup a couple 5 gallon buckets at the big hardware stores for a few bucks more and have a ten gallon RO water storage. 75GPD is just a trickle of water, so you will want something to store a few gallons for quick watering. A cheap TDS meter is also a good idea. You can use it to see what your water looks like coming out of your faucet and coming out of the RO machine. It also helps you keep tabs on the health of the RO membrane so you do not replace it needlessly.

Thanks for the water saver upgrade tip I will check it out.

Back