What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tiny seeds

• Thread starter schmiggle
  • Start date
I'm doing a project with some Stylidium, and some of the seeds are just miniscule. Even the biggest species have seeds smaller than a millimetre, and the smallest can't be more than 500 microns. I managed to get them into a liquid smoke suspension, but does anyone have advice on how to plant out tiny seeds in a controlled fashion?

I'm doing a project with some Stylidium, and some of the seeds are just miniscule. Even the biggest species have seeds smaller than a millimetre, and the smallest can't be more than 500 microns. I managed to get them into a liquid smoke suspension, but does anyone have advice on how to plant out tiny seeds in a controlled fashion?

I use a toothpick for small wet stuff. Really small pygmy dew gemmae? Suspend in a thin film of water and pick out individually with a toothpick and place individually. Should work with seed too but you might need chase them around the container a little.

Back