What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

would like some input/ gauge interest

• Thread starter MPX_78
  • Start date
I would like to start this thread to see if there was any interest in some projects I may work on for senior projects over the next year.
1. A kit watering individual potted VFT's , monitoring how much the soil in the pot gets heated up by the sun, etc.
- would use a gravity system and hook up to gallon jugs of distilled water. Ideally it could use a water sensor in addition to the pump to indicate when the jug is empty ( valve open, no water detected)
-- I'm not sure if the sensor would detect the water since it is distilled. i'll find a way.

2. A CP app, containing both simple care instructions and in-depth ones. I would probably utilize some FAQ posts to help.
- this is more of a maybe- the first I have been thinking about for a while. I think I made a post focusing mostly on the use for drosera since they are easy to keep year round indoors.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Those two are possibly for school, this next one is one thing I thought of over the summer. Since stagnant water and warm conditions lead to a bunch of problems with cps, would a tray with water circulation be a good idea? It would be on a slight incline so some plants (vfts) would not get as much water as others (purps, rubra, etc). the water could be cooled by running the pump tube in a coil through a 5 gal bucket buried and filled with water. The water would then transfer the heat into the surrounding earth. Drains will prevent the whole setup from being flooded.

If anyone has an example of a problem they usually run into with their plants, or suggestions, etc, go for it. Constructive criticism welcome
-- TR

Back