What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carnivorous Plant Hats

• Thread starter Acro
  • Start date

I stumbled upon these Carnivorous Plant Hats for women. They are very detailed and very expensive (like $1000)! Would you buy one for yourself or someone in your life?

il_fullxfull.878400372_66e0.jpg

il_fullxfull.878211047_pubo.jpg

il_fullxfull.878447974_gjc2.jpg

il_fullxfull.878439268_kvwc.jpg

il_fullxfull.878151927_iu50.jpg

il_fullxfull.878152965_6oa6.jpg

Here is the link for more info:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Maorzabar/items

Last edited:
Over 100 views and not one comment?!?!

I thought it was interesting, maybe I shouldn't post stuff like this.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I meant to respond and got into too big of a hurry. The artistry of the hats is quite amazing but the prices are from another reality. I'm not sure if I know anyone who would enjoy walking around with a flytrap closed around their head but to each... 'Certainly topical and interesting.

I know that it definitely can be disappointing when lots of people look but no one replies. I have come to a point where I take my rewards just from looking at the number of views one of my posts gets. I think many are used to other social media where you look at hundreds of posts and just casually click 'like' if you find it interesting. Here at TF 'like' is a bigger thing.

I did read and not reply, but I'm resolving that now.
First, I agree with the previous post; WAY over-priced. As in, not in touch with reality pricing.
Second, I'm not convinced on the reality of them. They are obviously photo shopped in those pictures, but possibly just to place them on the people?
Third, I can see a hat that has a nice stitched-in pitcher plant or something, but those are a bit (a lot) over-the-top for me, lol.

In any case, it was interesting to see and thank you for posting

That seller has been around quite awhile and sells many different hats. I found those too about a year ago. I believe they are priced the way they are because they are produced from exotic material. They are high end hats. Not cheap.

They really look like something that would be on a runway but not in everyday life. One or two of them look like some sort of weird tumor if you don’t realize what’s going on. But the macabre part of me loves the dragonfly down the tube. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They really look like something that would be on a runway but not in everyday life.

impressive detail on some of those. Like Bob, I'd have to say those strike me as strictly "runway" fare. Still neat to see in any event.

Last edited:
Back