What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing between the ventratas

• Thread starter t9gear
  • Start date
Hey can someone ID this nepenthes
It doesn’t look like my ventrata
Could it be a ventrata x alata ?
947e999b88d275104d9ade3ec3e77d76.jpg
29fcd0b5d0f3db65f241be76c54511e8.jpg

Second pic are the leave shapes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like your ventrata has produced a basal shoot. Small pitchers are generally hard to identify but I’d bet that once the shoot grows larger the pitchers will be the same as the others. Unless the plant has bloomed and there was an alata around in bloom, there would be no way for a hybrid to happen.

It looks like your ventrata has produced a basal shoot. Small pitchers are generally hard to identify but I’d bet that once the shoot grows larger the pitchers will be the same as the others. Unless the plant has bloomed and there was an alata around in bloom, there would be no way for a hybrid to happen.

Thought about that. However on all my other plants the young pitchers don’t have that hairy wings

Thought about that. However on all my other plants the young pitchers don’t have that hairy wings

Basal shoots start out with new pitchers that resemble juvenile pitchers, with ala.

Back