What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction winnings all potted up *whew*

• Thread starter TheGuru
  • Start date
This is most of my auction winnings. Took the better part of my morning getting them all potted up and I think that only three aren't shown here because they arrived last week. About 6 of the pots have 2 plants in them so I had quite a few surprise bonuses from the awesome donors (thank you!). The strangest "bonus" was a toy dinosaur that arrived with the nep, lol. Curious as to the story for that one.

l8vtk.jpg

2r3jcy8.jpg

'Nice haul!

Hehehe... gotta have a dino to keep that wild foliage down!

Look at the baby in its new home - I hope it grows well for you! Did you check out the nice tap root? Sooooo good!!

Hehehe... gotta have a dino to keep that wild foliage down!

Look at the baby in its new home - I hope it grows well for you! Did you check out the nice tap root? Sooooo good!!

I asked about the dino because I was sort of worried you suddenly had a kid crying that his favorite toy went on a trip and he doesn't have it.
As for the plant, I did notice. VERY well established plant and it looks great in my terrarium. That is it's home until the greenhouse is up in a couple of weeks. Looks really nice next to all my other nepths

Is that Dino in the pot? Can't tell from the photos. But if it's not in the pot, it needs to be! And we want photographic prof! ;)

Last edited:
Is that Dino in the pot? Can't tell from the photos. But if it's not in the pot, it needs to be! And we want photographic prof! ;)

Here you go. Proof of the vicious dino that almost ate my hand off when I took my plant out of the box!

14j42nn.jpg

Hmm, looks like a member of the Allosaurus clade. Maybe it will defend your plants from furry vermin or the white cotton kind. ;)

Here you go. Proof of the vicious dino that almost ate my hand off when I took my plant out of the box!
Super cool! I hope it stays there, it looks perfect!

Maybe it will defend your plants from furry vermin or the white cotton kind.
That gave me a real "lol"!

Agreed. Under my lighting the dino color matches the sphagnum pretty well.

Last edited:
Back