What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

from the USPS with "Tender, Loving Care"....

• Thread starter DragonsEye
  • Start date

DragonsEye

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite!
So a very generous soul on another forum sent me a micro-mini orchid of which he had an extra. This is the box it came in:

USPS tender loving care.jpg

I strongly suspect the box was originally cube-shaped. Amazingly enough, the plant was -- though a bit dry -- okay.

Last edited:
At least mine went through okay. I seriously hope you give USPS a warning to ship stuff to you better.

Dang, that's the worse I think I've seen!

That’s horrible! If you tell me what orchid that was I could send you one of mine.

That’s horrible! If you tell me what orchid that was I could send you one of mine.

Thanks for the generous offer but I think it will make it. :) It is still attached to its mount so good chance any root damage may heal or be replaced.

Do you want even more u. gibba to cheer you up?

thanks for the offer, Floof! But I don't do aquatics and, quite frankly, need to start considering where my plants are going to go once I have to bring in the ones summering outside. :)

aad08ab0e5880c1c8ce9680af4f99de9.jpg

Another amazing package. Package was opened on one end and basically crushed. Originally a triangular box. Both Sarracenia still inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least you got your plants! I had a triangle box arrive once, cut in half, with plastic taped to the other half. And what was in it was a poster of some shelving instead of the Sarracenia. The Sarrs never showed up either.

Back