What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for hikes in SC/Charleston area (also I'm back/lurking)

• Thread starter seedjar
  • Start date

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
Hi all. Some friends of mine are visiting the Charleston area with their toddler and they have some unstructured time in their itinerary. They enjoy hiking and other naturalist activities, but have never really seen CPs up close before - we're friends from school, so they've only seen my collection in photos. I'm looking for places they could visit that are not too far for their daughter to walk. She recently outgrew strollers, so she doesn't yet have the endurance for long hikes herself.

I suggested the South Carolina Aquarium, which I hear has a flytrap exhibit. They enjoy all sorts of nature-, science- and culture-related stuff, so it doesn't have to be strictly CPs, but I think that might make a special experience for the kiddo.

Also, I'm back! I'm not sure anyone but Andrew will remember me, but hello again anyways. My life is still in flux, so I may go right back to lurking for a while, but I've got some projects in the works and as soon as my workshop is set up, I'll hopefully have something neat to share. Until then, I'll at least be checking back on this thread.

Thanks in advance for your ideas and help. I'm looking forward to meeting the new regulars.

Cheers,

~Joe

[MENTION=5351]Ozzy[/MENTION] any help with this?

Good to see yah Joe, can't wait to see what you're working on! :triumphant:

I already hit Ozzy up on FB, good call though. How are we not connected on there? Sent you a friend request. ~Joe

Ah, cool. Hopefully you were able to find some places!

I actually hate FB... I think I have 2 or 3 plant friends there that I have known a long time but otherwise it's all family/close friends (me and my ROCKIN 38 friends haha). There is zero plant talk, just family/personal type stuff. So probably nothing that would interest you :p! I do have one for the store though which I post to every now and then (same for instagram) if you want to see my plant posts.
https://www.facebook.com/flytrapshop/
https://www.instagram.com/flytrapshop/

Gotcha. Yeah I only reluctantly got on FB to keep tabs on friends and it's been just as much of a PITA as I'd expected, LOL. ~Joe

Heya Seedjar, I am fairly certain I remember you from my early more active days around here. :D

These days, my habit has been to get all active come fall through winter then when spring really begins somehow I don't make time for the site. It all must be that I get my plant fix here when I can't get my plant fix out in the world.... :scratch:

Hello Joe, what do you know?

Good to see an old "face" from the days when I first joined TF.

Back